The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva combines earth’s oldest renewable energy source with 21st Century technology to make wood pellets —
a sustainable, cost-efficient and essential complement to wind and solar power. According to experts,
generating electricity with wood pellets instead of coal reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 80 percent.
And wood pellets can provide uninterrupted power at any time, at large scale and at comparatively low cost.
Enviva was founded in 2004 with a clear purpose in mind: We wanted to develop a cleaner energy alternative to
fossil fuels. Today, we are the world’s largest wood pellet producer, with the capacity to make more than 2
million tons in 2016. We manufacture pellets at six facilities in the American South and supply them to electric
utilities in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Enviva is bringing badly needed economic growth to rural communities across the South, creating hundreds of
new jobs and pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into the Southern economy. We produce wood pellets
with sustainable practices that protect Southern forests. And wood pellets reliably produce electricity at power
plants across Europe, regardless of whether the wind is blowing or the sun is shining.
At Enviva, our job is more than making pellets. We work for lower emissions, healthy forests and strong
• Organizes a team of electricians actively involved in various craft specialties.
• Instructs and offers guidance and directives while being involved in one or more of the skilled
• Offer suggestions for performance evaluation; oversee the duties of designated crew members.
• Carry out diverse skilled activities involving the repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities;
designate and monitor the work of personnel in order to achieve the completion of diverse tasks.
• Troubleshoot electrical issues relating to the PLC, motor control centers and all electrical devices.
• Perform electrical field work in a continuous manufacturing environment.
• Complete work orders and preventative maintenance as needed.
• Conduct periodic inspections and the operation of heavy equipment.
• Perform all additional duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
• Two (2) -three (3) years manufacturing experience.
• Four years of electrical experience.
• Demonstrated ability in using hand tools and power tools as required repairing and/or replacing wiring,
equipment and fixtures.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be proficient in basic computer knowledge
• Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Must be a team player; work well with others.
• Adhere to compliance, rules and safety regulations.
• Must be safety conscientious.
• Passionate and motivated with a drive for excellence
• Wood products background a plus
• Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift items above shoulders occasionally.
• Ability to push, pull and lift up items up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Highly trained to work from ladders, scaffolds and tools to install maintain or repair electrical wiring
equipment and fixtures.
• Work in all types of weather sometimes temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
• Occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
• Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.