Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are hiring for interns on our ground, avionics and test teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create, maintain electrical system test strategy, and test plans for various UAV and Ground Control products.
- Support conducting electrical compliance and robustness testing such as MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-461.
- Design and deploy electrical system integration test benches. (Iron Bird/Copper Bird/Lab Car).
- Support on vehicle level to component level test requirement decomposition.
- Support test coverage and analysis of failures observed in integration and system level testing.
- Integration testing of electrical subsystems and functionality.
- Leverage data analysis and existing tools to reproduce and characterize failures.
- Develop and maintain test standards, design, and develop test equipment or procuring and handling purchased test capital equipment to support test readiness.
- Support environmental reliability testing (HALT/HASS) efforts on PCBA and LRU level.
- Support validation of automated test systems.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Approaching Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship
- Must be returning to school at the end of their internship to continue their academic studies
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Familiarity with software development processes and tools such as git, Github, JIRA, etc.
- Familiarity with standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Experience with Altium Designer or equivalent electronic design automation tools.
- Proficiency with C/C++ and common languages (Python, Rust, Haskell, etc.)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields
- Prior internship in relevant industry with emphasis on hardware validation and integration testing.
- Familiarity with hardware development life cycle, reliability, and compliance testing.
- General understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Familiarity with Python and/or MATLAB for data parsing and data visualization
- Familiarity with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, electronic loads, oscilloscope, function generators, data acquisition and measurement sensors.
- Familiarity with environmental testing such as MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-461
- Strong root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to travel to and work at remote sites supporting test integration, commissioning and training as required.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!