Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a small, friendly and creative team building robots for the restaurant and food industries and we’re having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
What will you do?
As the Electronics Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design and development of embedded control electronics and power systems for our food dispensing units. .
You’ll be accountable for:
- Designing, developing and reviewing of digital and analog circuits, including embedded microcontrollers, motor control, analogue conditioning and communications.
- Selecting appropriate technologies, architectures and components.
- Working closely with mechanical and firmware engineers to ensure requirements and constraints are considered.
- Testing and debugging of designed circuits to validate functionality as well.
- Integration of complete prototypes with larger system, specifying enclosures, wiring and connectors.
What we need you to have:
- 3+ years experience working on the development of PCB designs
- Proven experience in designing and maintaining electronics hardware including design, schematic capture, simulation, board layout, prototype manufacture and design verification
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers (ARM)
- Experience or knowledge of:
- Communications protocols (RS485, CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet)
- Motor drive circuits (Stepper, DC)
- Interfacing with Sensors (optical, inductive, temperature)
- Good practical skills in electronics, soldering and mechanical assembly skill
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with schematic capture tools (Altium), symbols generation and ideally layout
- Experience in working with sub-contract manufacturers
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
- Good contributory pension
- Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly social events!
- And of course, you’ll get to play with our robots...