Petra's mission is to save money, property, and lives by moving utilities underground. The company is developing a tunneling robot to efficiently and safely bore utility conduits through hard rock. Petra's innovative technology is 10x faster and 1/10th the cost of most conventional tunneling methods, making small-diameter utility infrastructure economically viable.
The Electronics Technician will be a part of the product development group, consisting of Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, and Manufacturing. The primary function of this role is to install electronic components within our tunneling machine as well as components involved in various test setups.
You are a self-starter and can tackle challenges in a fast paced, high aptitude, technical working environment. You are enthusiastic about showing your work and collaborating with fellow team members. You are able to adapt and develop quick solutions when one is not readily available. You are skilled in troubleshooting test set ups and wiring issues. You embody a culture of safety and grow that culture within the organization.
● Wire low voltage (< 48V) power supplies, signals, controls
● Source and install electrical and mechanical components such as pumps, sensors, controllers
● Source electrical safety components such as contactors, fuses, emergency stop switches
● Safely power electronics components and ensure proper grounding of every item
● Wire sensors and switches to PLC
● Interpret and create electronic schematics in order to identify inputs, outputs, look up components/ data sheets
● Troubleshoot and repair electronics systems
● Solder components for rework and assembly (no surface mount assembly)
● Source and assemble reliable connectors
● Operate an oscilloscope to read signals properly (pulses, noise, shorts, etc)
● Collaborate with engineers and other professionals on technical tasks
● Maintain robotics lab: keep tools tidy, components labeled, stocked, and organized
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
● 5+ years of experience as an electronics technician (or similar)
● High School Diploma or GED equivalent
● Fundamental understanding of analog and digital components, signals, noise, grounding, and filtering
● Able to safely connect electronic subassemblies and cleanly route cables
● Strong organizational skills - - will be responsible for electronics shop, keeping things easy to find and work on
Bonus Skills and Experience
● B.S. or M.S. degree in electrical engineering
● Control and power cabinet design
● Experience with digital signal processing
● Knowledge of the National Electric Code including Class 1 Div 1 wiring and installation?
● Experience with wiring IP 67/68 systems
● Position may require extended hours and weekend work
● Able to travel domestically for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 50% travel
● Will sometimes be working directly with hardware on the floor and will have to be comfortable with heavy lifting, stooping, bending, and standing
● $100k+ salary, plus equity
● 401K plan
● Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
● Healthy lunch and snacks provided
● Monthly cell phone reimbursement
● Paid holidays and flexible PTO
● Relocation costs negotiable
Equal Opportunity Employer
Petra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Petra is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.