Actualizing education reform in a revitalizing city is hard, hard work, and we know that teaching in an urban school setting isn’t for everyone. But, if you are someone who is truly called to serve children and youth; someone who sees teaching and leading not only as your job, but as a fundamental piece of who you ARE, we encourage you to read on.
We’re looking for YOU if:
- You believe that EVERY child deserves access to a high-quality education and that children can and will learn if properly taught.
- You are ready to meet your students where they are and push them with rigorous expectations according to their level.
- You believe that alongside academics, a complete education includes nurturing your students as individuals so that they can become well-rounded, civic-minded, lifelong learners; the changemakers and leaders of the future.
- You embrace a growth-mindset and view your lesson plans and teaching methods as living, workable documents, consistently reflecting on ways to improve, year after year.
- You are unabashedly and authentically YOU and proud of it, and genuinely committed to building meaningful relationships with students, families, and staff.
Were you nodding “YES” as you read the list above? We invite you to apply!
We’re looking for a dedicated and talented Instructional Dean (grades 3-5) to become part of our Intermediate School Team.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be performing your daily teaching tasks, along with extra duties (including but not limited to): grade-level, department, and parent meetings, planning educational trips, advisory, and homeroom, lunch, recess, classroom coverage, and detention duties.
- You'll be coaching teachers 75% of the time by providing valuable feedback from classroom observations through weekly meetings and modeling key strategies and techniques in the classroom by teaching 25% of the time.
- You'll be creating and implementing a vision for instruction across subjects and grade levels.
- You’ll be participating in and supporting school events, activities, and programs, inside and outside of school hours.
- You’ll be working closely with colleagues to build a cohesive school culture of success.
- You’ll be assisting teachers on their lesson plans for their academic curriculum according to Common Core State Standards to continue to drive excellence in instruction.
- You’ll be regularly analyzing data, monitoring progress and updating student performance trackers, and using that data to help guide your lesson plans and the lesson plans of your team.
- You’ll be regularly and proactively updating families about student progress.
In exchange for your dedication, here are just some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive starting salary with merit-based pay increases annually
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
- Tax-deferred 403b retirement account with 25% matching up to a certain amount
- Independent, conflict-free, financial wellness advising through Holberg Financial
- Optional short- or long-term disability benefits through Aflac
- Regular professional development and coaching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Smartphone and fully paid wireless plan through T-Mobile
- Windows-based work laptop computer
- Regular team-building activities and outings
- 10 sick days and 3 personal days that roll over annually
- Generous vacation time: 20 vacation days per year with 5 rolling over annually
- A rewarding career that positively impacts the lives of our amazing students
- You preferably have three plus years teaching and two plus years coaching experience in an urban or low-income setting. Understanding how to get students excited about learning and preparing them for the nation’s finest college
- You are committed to living out our mission.
You possess or are eligible for NJ certification in Elementary K-6 or another K-12 Instructional Certification
- You have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (if graduated after Sept 2015) or 2.75 (before Sept 2015) for certification requirements
Supporting/Additional Documents Requested
- Semifinalist candidates will be required to provide unofficial transcripts, evidence of certification/eligibility, and 3 professional references.
- Hired candidates are responsible for the following: official transcripts, criminal clearance (fingerprinting), and medical clearance (TB/Mantoux testing).
Want to join our FAmily?
We are Foundation Academies: Trenton, New Jersey’s largest and highest-ranking K-12 free public charter school. Our mission is to ensure that all of our students secure the academic knowledge and skills to prepare them for the nation’s finest colleges, and to instill in them the core values of caring, respect, responsibility, and honesty. We serve more than 1,000 of the city’s K-12 population across four schools on two campuses. We admit students by lottery, irrespective of gender, race, household income, or academic ability.
Our team of experienced and mission-driven urban educators values growth mindsets, lifelong learners, and individuals who believe that every child deserves an excellent education. We hold ourselves, our students, and our city to high standards because that’s what our families deserve.
We are conveniently located a quick car ride to downtown Princeton, a 45-minute SEPTA ride to Philly’s Center City, and a hop on the NJ Transit Express to New York City.