(Great position for students studying Marketing, Writing, Communications, Public Relations)
What we do:
GrowIt! is a mobile app community with a mission to connect, educate, and inspire the next generation of gardeners. The Community team at GrowIt! is responsible for providing an amazing member experience. We cultivate relationships to create super-fans and their ownership and excitement for GrowIt! ripples through the community and creates more fans. We organize initiatives to ensure value for our community members. Our deliverables include engagement metrics, store ratings/reviews, and loyalty and retention of our members.
This role focuses on the engagement of our Garden Shop members.
1. Community management: Moderate community content (photos, comments, projects) to ensure all members are abiding by community guidelines. Moderate when necessary. Build engagement between Garden Shop members and GrowIt! community members. Step in when there are opportunities to connect.
2. Member service: Engage with Garden Shop members inbound emails. Wow them with prompt, above-and-beyond customer service. You'll respond to member inquiries, using canned responses, creating responses (and adding to wiki) when necessary. Surprise and delight fulfillment -- we like to surprise our members with handwritten notes and small gifts.
3. Community analytics: Categorize and analyze user feedback -- provide an analysis or recommendation for priority app improvements based on member submitted feedback. Review user engagement data -- provide weekly analysis for outreach efforts.
4. Content: Write and produce great for bi-weekly engagement emails to Garden Shop members. Focus on ongoing community initiatives and how to drive Garden Shop tie-in and engagement.
5. Plan and execute projects: Within the first few week of an internship, an intern decides on a “portfolio project” to complete during the duration of internship based on business objectives and an intern’s learning interests. Project scope is defined, executed, and presented.
1. Service attitude: Focused on the member experience and anticipating needs. Responding to email support inquiries, and recognizing above-and-beyond opportunities to surprise and delight.
2. Process-driven work style: Understands the importance of systems to enable us to deliver quality at scale -- we have over 500,000 users. Takes ownership of the work and is always looking for improvements in process and execution. Can document process.
3. Analytical skills: Can interpret data, draw meaningful conclusions, and can provide an analysis of what needs to happen next. Values data and invests the time to gather and analyze it.
4. Relationship-building skills: Sociable, caring, engaging, and approachable person who can build meaningful relationships with the members of the GrowIt! community.
5. Fantastic communications skills: High-level written communication skills. Will write across mediums: blog posts, emails, push notifications, in-app messages, wikis, data analysis, etc. Video and design skills preferred. High volume of content creation.
How to get this job: Submit an email to [email protected] We want to see a cover letter and resume. Show us what you’ve done (in class, at other internships, or jobs) and how it aligns with the responsibilities noted above. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for a 15-minute phone conversation. Finalists will be invited to our office for a 60-minute interview/tour.
Location / Duration: WeWork offices, 125 S. Clark St., 17th floor. Internship hours are M-F, flexible, but consistent hours depending on class schedule. This is a 6-month internship; commit to 10 hours during school, 25 hours in the summer. Flexible with time off around finals / graduation.