Are you a passionate and innovative autonomy engineer looking to help develop state of the art robots and AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Embedded Software Engineer in Platform Automation, you will be responsible for providing automated test solutions, firmware interfaces, and sensor calibration processes. You will work closely with the autonomy, embedded, and hardware teams to produce robot development and production processes that ensure platform scalability.
What you'll do:
- Design user-facing software tools for calibration and verification of Shield AI platforms
- Design embedded software APIs for interfacing with robots or system level components
- Collaborate with AI and embedded teams to design hardware in the loop infrastructure and white-box test solutions.
- Work with AI teams to design and implement sensor calibration processes
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineering to design fixtures for automated test solutions
- Research and enforce industry best practices for robotics production and sensor calibration for artificially intelligent platforms.
Projects that you might work on:
- Production test suite for a newly designed quadcopter platform
- Automated calibration processes for multi-camera systems
- Embedded software APIs and utilities that expose functionality of SAI products
- Hardware in the loop and white-box test solutions
- C, C++
- Embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Nvidia Xavier (AGX, NX), Pi, Arduino
What we're looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years' experience
- Expertise with a majority of the technology above
- You are interested in learning about production processes for robotics and autonomous systems.
- You are interested in creating state of the art test automation frameworks and utilities
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.