Embedded Software Engineer, Wearables
Become part of a dynamic growing startup that’s defining the exploding field of Eye Control for Virtual and Augmented Reality. This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the team designing the next generation of VR and AR consumer devices. You will write new software so users can control their devices with their eyes – it’s a game changer!
Reporting to the Director of Embedded Software Engineering, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team that includes electrical, mechanical, and optical engineers. You will have an impact in pioneering a completely new way for people to interact with their computing devices. And we have a super fun team to boot! (https://youtu.be/ZxVBm-Hl1tA)
What will you do?
· Design, implement, and test embedded software for our eye interaction system.
· Implement low-level system software and device drivers for Android and Linux platforms.
· Develop software for our video pipeline running on Android, Linux, and Windows.
· Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software systems.
· Develop software tools to aid our data analysis, troubleshooting, and build processes.
What you need to bring:
· At least 5 years embedded C/C++
· Experience developing system level software and device drivers for Android and Linux
· Experience writing software for mobile devices
· Thrives and excels in a dynamic small team environment
Would be great if you had:
· Exposure to multi-media frameworks and image processing
· Comfortable working close to hardware
· Familiar with concurrency and mutual exclusion issues
· Exposure to Java
What we will give you in return:
· The chance to work with a team of passionate problem solvers shaping the future with technology that expands human potential
· A challenge beyond imagination, and the chance to challenge your imagination beyond your current reality
· Daily access and interaction with recognized leaders and visionaries in their fields
· The chance to grow your career as the company grows