In March 2016, Quantexa was founded by a team with decades of experience in software, data and advanced analytics. We know the opportunity was big, every business with data at its core can benefit from what we’re doing, so we can hit the ground hard, pioneering a contextual approach.
In just over four years, we’ve grown from a few desks huddled in the corner of a shared space to having over 260 staff worldwide! Having just completed our Series C funding round, attracting more than $90m in investment, we are now in a scale up phase.
We’re therefore looking for an Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis to support the organisation through its next phase of growth.
Reporting to the EMEA Financial Accountant you will also be working closely with the Financial Controller.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Proactive role in month end processes – reconciling fixed assets, payroll journals, accruals, prepayments, and reporting;
- Assistance with Project Accounting for multiple companies (including UK & Belgium) – revenue recognition, billing for time and materials and fixed price contracts, and project reporting (utilisation, blended rates and project profitability);
- Oversight of General ledger - ensuring all transactions are accurately coded through Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Variance Analysis reviews.
- Assistance with departmental and other ad-hoc reporting on a weekly/monthly basis;
- Assistance with credit control process;
- Management of timesheets for Internal (non-client) projects across multiple companies (including UK, US, Canada, Belgium, Australia & Singapore) , and reconciling absence codes to HR system
- Submitting quarterly VAT returns (or local entity equivalent), EC Sales Lists, Intrastat and other additional compliance filings that arise;
- Preparing and filing P11Ds and PSA (or local entity equivalent);
- Performing quarterly audit readiness reviews to streamline the annual audit process;
- Providing information to external auditors and tax advisors where necessary;
- Documenting policies and procedures;
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as they occur.
- Degree in Accounting & Finance or similar;
- Part Qualified accountant – CIMA, ACCA or ACA;
- At least 2 years of experience in a fast paced, high growth company
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
- Ability to work in a team and individually;
- Experience with NetSuite and Expensify;
- Industry experience within FinTech sector;
Why join Quantexa?
We know that just having an excellent glass door rating isn’t enough so brand-new WeWork office and put together a competitive package as a way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus
- Private Healthcare, Life Insurance, and Income Protection
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Amazing work environment