EMEA Payroll Lead
WeWork is looking for an EMEA Payroll Lead to partner with our Payroll Manager in all BAU aspects of payroll. This position will be responsible for some of our EMEA countries. The successful candidate needs to be able to process from input to reconciliation with minimal supervision. This includes coordinating inputs, reconciliation, troubleshooting and being the first line of contact for queries from the business and employees. This encompasses all WeWork locations within EMEA, in a managed payroll operating model.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with internal HR partners to collect and organize payroll data before submitting to payroll providers.
- Prepare data for submission to the supplier via flexi form or related input template ensuring solid understanding of that input.
- Liaise with payroll providers on submissions and deal with any related queries.
- Review and reconcile payroll data within agreed upon timeframes.
- Produce gross reconciliation analysis and net payments for sign off by manager.
- First line contact for queries from employees, internal partners, and vendors.
- Participate in discussions with vendors regarding payrolls to ensure proper handling of issues and use of controls to mitigate risk.
- Address inquiries from various internal teams, such as HR, Shared Services, etc.
- Run payroll reports and assist the Compensation Accounting team with queries regarding payroll accounting.
- Good understanding of time off policies and applications in country
- Assist with Firm initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Strong Payroll experience in a similar role
- Solid functional knowledge, commensurate with level, including understanding of EU payroll processes and regulations.
Excellent analytical skills
- Capable of working independently, as a member of the team, and in partnership with vendors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Uses initiative to solve problems
- Questions the why and the how
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Payrolls outside the UK, especially France, Italy, Germany
- Works on their own initiative