Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build financial infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnership strategies to provide Stripe users with best in class financial infrastructure and to enable Stripe’s expansion into new geographies and areas of business. Today, Stripe is live in 42+ markets and the Partnerships team is situated across multiple global offices to support Stripe’s growth around the world.
The Emerging Business Development (EBD) team is a newly formed team in our Global Partnerships organization that aims to unlock non-linear growth and new strategic opportunities for Stripe and our partners. This includes helping incubate businesses in the early stage of strategy development with a focus on partnerships, developing and piloting new commercial models and partnership ecosystems, and expanding on existing strategic partnerships all in support of Stripe priorities and strategies.
The Business Development Lead will be responsible for driving strategies and partnerships for emerging company bets. As part of these efforts, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the company and with external partners as you develop and execute on partnership strategies.
- Craft thoughtful multi-year partnership strategies along with product and engineering leaders focused on emerging products and business strategies
- Work with product and engineering teams to identify product gaps that can be addressed through partnerships
- Structure and negotiate deals for initial go to market partnerships with large B2B technology platforms and early large users that can be eventually scaled by other teams
- Work with teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Financial Crimes, Legal, Policy, Risk and Finance to launch and manage partnership programs and develop Stripe’s ecosystem
- Manage and strengthen relationships with key Stripe partners including large technology platforms
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of work experience, with 2+ years spent in business development, strategic partner management, or similar roles at a technology company
- A track record of working with product and engineering teams with strong product instincts and ability to identify opportunities to leverage our partner's products and capabilities
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “user first” mentality
- Demonstrated experience negotiating product enablement or other partnership agreements, with a strong perspective on how partnerships can create value and differentiation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different functional stakeholders such as legal, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally and multiple levels of managing, including experience working with C-level executives
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- Domain expertise in payments or experience working in the payments industry
- Experience partnering with B2B companies (e.g. SAAS companies, software platforms, telcos, logistics & shipping)
- 3-5+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, or a comparable role in high growth tech companies