Hello Neighbor is seeking an Employment Supervisor who will support the efforts of the Resettlement Team as they welcome Pittsburgh’s newest neighbors.
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Employment Supervisor will manage Hello Neighbor’s employment programs supporting recently resettled refugees, asylees, SIVs and Afghan humanitarian parolees with both extended case management and employment services.
The Employment Supervisor will oversee a growing staff together assist clients from the time they complete the 90-day initial resettlement period up until 5 years after their arrival in the United States. This includes referrals and support enrolling in social services and community programs, as well as employment activities such as reviewing resumes for comparable skill sets, job matching with our employer connections, and creating relationships with employers. The Employment Supervisor is responsible for effectively administering employment services to attain self-sufficiency through employment. The Employment Supervisor will ensure that clients are linked with the appropriate social service, work, educational, health care, and transitional income providers in a timely manner; ensure the provision of specialized services as needed, conduct both regular and random case file reviews, and coordinate and manage the daily operations of the Matching Grant and Refugee Resettlement Services federal workforce programs including enrollment, case file maintenance, outreach, and volunteer recruitment, match collection and reporting.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. We’ve expanded from our mentorship program to now include refugee resettlement services, family service programs, a national program supporting other refugee and immigrant nonprofits around the country.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
Report To: Director of Refugee Resettlement
Direct Reports: Employment Coordinators (2); Interns, AmeriCorps, Volunteers and future hires which could include an Employment Case Aide
At Hello Neighbor, we believe a happy, healthy, well-balanced person makes an even better team member and employee. We offer comprehensive benefits that not only help you build your career but support a full and healthy lifestyle.
Hello Neighbor is proud to offer:
Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, and Vision) for you, your spouse or domestic partner and dependents
401(k) savings plan with employer matching program
Hybrid work environment
Mac or PC computer plus second phone for direct services staff
15 days of PTO per year, in addition to holiday office closures
3 paid floating holidays to be used at your discretion
3 paid sick or personal days
1 paid day annually for community service
Unlimited paid time off for civic engagement
Annual office closure the last week of December
- Oversee staff, interns, and volunteers providing job placement and support services to clients enrolled in the employment programs.
- Oversee intake, assessment, and orientation to clients eligible for MG or RSS services.
- Develops comprehensive, detailed, and specific self-sufficiency plans for each employable adult.
- Identifies client barriers to employment and provides referrals to appropriate in-house or community providers.
- Provide one-on-one career counseling; this includes helping develop a career pathway, helping clients identify and enroll in the necessary training, and supporting job search activities.
- Request, manage, and distribute direct assistance to clients.
- Liaise with Hello Neighbor’s Family Services and Case Management teams to ensure coordination of care and multi-disciplinary approaches are used to address client barriers.
- Provides ongoing coaching to clients to ensure ownership of employment goals.
- Oversee and support staff who execute renewal of public benefit applications such as, TANF, RCA, SNAP and other low income utility programs.
- Participates in City, County and State collaborative meetings and provide key updates to Hello Neighbor Leadership
- Gathers required documentation and data for client case files to lead case closeout procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements, including database management, case noting, and file maintenance.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure direct assistance is correctly distributed and recorded
- Uses personal vehicle as a mode of transport for self and clients to various job responsibilities in and around the service delivery area.
- Both standard office work environment and field work driving in and around the client service delivery area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or similar degrees
- Requires 4+ years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Knowledge of service provider community and local resources.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, multicultural environment
- Previous multicultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds strongly preferred.
- Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are on a hybrid return-to-work remote 2 days a week and in the office 3 days a week
- We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through April 15, 2023
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis
- Estimated start date: April / May
- Salary range: Exempt status; $57,000-60,000
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!