As the ‘Engagement Manager, New Verticals’, you will lead and grow the relationship with our largest partners in our newest industries.
The DoorDash Canada Enterprise team is responsible for the strategic vision, acquisition, and development of our relationships with the company’s largest partners in Canada. This is a critical piece of DoorDash’s growth and success in every market in which we operate.
You will help manage, and grow DoorDash’s relationships with the top grocers, convenience chains, and other retailers across Canada to bolster DoorDash’s leadership position in the industry.
You are a highly effective partnership manager, capable of engaging in strategic conversations with C-level executives, while managing operations and processes at the lowest level of detail. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys getting into the weeds to solve problems. You can manage a complex relationship across multiple workstreams, products and geographies in a fast moving and highly ambiguous environment.
Finally, you enjoy building stuff; you like to experiment with new things to further develop our internal processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
What you’ll do
Nurture and grow existing partnerships
Manage the implementation of new partnerships, including detailed operational and rollout processes
Introduce and expand new products into the relationships that you manage
Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash’s operations, marketing and other functional teams
Develop our partner management playbook across multiple new categories and business
- Impact Driven -- You have a natural desire to make a huge impact on the business
- Detailed-Oriented -- You love digging into low levels of detail to extract insights
- Gritty -- You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Multi-Disciplinary -- You are happy juggling many priorities concurrently
- 5+ years of partnership management and/or consulting experience (preferably a mix of startup and larger enterprise)
- Experience leading projects with executive stakeholders
- Ability to lead analysis-driven negotiation processes
- Familiarity with grocery delivery, 3rd party marketplaces, ecommerce, or logistics industries
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, including comfort with basic modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.