The Engagement Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As the Engagement Marketing Operations Lead, you will lead a team that plays a critical role in managing Airbnb’s relationship with our guests and hosts. You will own the execution of all user-facing campaigns across channels like email, push, onsite messaging, focused on improving user metrics like activation, engagement, retention & reactivation. You will serve as the team’s strongest subject matter expert on tooling / systems and campaign production to ensure all Engagement campaigns are executed on time with an extremely high degree of accuracy and effectiveness. You will be supporting the central global Engagement Marketing team, and collaborating closely with cross-functional partners across Engineering, Product, and Creative to deliver world-class campaigns. This is a key leadership role on the Engagement team. The ideal candidate will have a combination of leadership / management experience, deep technical ability, email / lifecycle marketing experience, and project management skills.
What You Will Do
- Own end-to-end production of ad hoc and automated campaigns for Guests & Hosts across our communication channels including but not limited to: email, push, onsite, landing pages
- Accountable for ensuring every campaign launches on time, error-free, renders flawlessly across all major clients, and matches business requirements before launching
- Lead initiative and resource planning, scoping, and weekly sprint planning for the Production team, regularly reporting on performance against plan
- Build, schedule, launch and monitor automated and ad hoc user-facing campaigns
- Serve as main Solutions expert to liaise between Marketing and Platform team, leading continuous efforts to enable execution of business requirements by assessing and delivering on system functionality & data pipeline needs
- Operate as the main subject matter expert on all systems & tooling related to Engagement channels, proactively providing feedback and collaborating on improvements as needed
- Own campaign production workflow and calendar, ensuring that the Production team has all the information they need to begin and complete production as required for each campaign, and actively identify / seek out missing information needed to launch.
- Constantly identify & execute on opportunities to increase efficiency in production workflows
- Collaborate with partners in Program Management, Marketing, and Product to continuously improve overall operational efficiency
- Manage competing demands for the Production team and prioritize effectively; proactively communicate status and navigate issues to stakeholders.
- Responsible for documentation of internal best practices, tooling and process development
- Articulate and present updates, progress, learnings effectively to stakeholders and the wider business, across all levels
What We’re Looking For
10+ years experience building and executing high-volume, large scale personalized email / push campaigns of varying complexity, with 3+ years managing a Production team.
- Has high level of expertise and familiarity with enterprise-level ESPs; able to navigate any ESP effortlessly. Experience with custom built in-house CRM systems a plus.
- Strong project management experience and can successfully manage large volume of ambitious projects
- Highly experienced in prioritizing tasks and managing multiple tracks of work for a Production team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in using SQL to build send logic and targeting queries. Highly comfortable with Excel / spreadsheets.
- Deep understanding of email coding / development and client-specific needs. Knowledgeable about responsive design for mobile.
- React / Typescript experience a big plus
- Hyper attentive to details with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional problem solver, with a strong appetite for process and tooling improvements to maximize efficiency
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills; able to articulate status, insights and challenges effectively
- Solid knowledge of email technologies, best practices, and industry challenges
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for lifecycle marketing and user engagement
- Undergraduate degree required