Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
Verisign’s Global Service Desk (GSD) is seeking a Computer Operations Support Engineer to address all internal employee and contractor technical concerns across a wide array of internal services and products. The employee will be responsible for systems engineering and administration across Verisign’s multi-platform environment. This will be supporting 2nd or 3rd shift.
Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with IT systems, applications and software integration
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Provide Tier 1 support to end users for any Windows, MacOS and Linux hardware and software issues
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Install and maintain technology assets including PCs, printers, network equipment, and software
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems. Collaborate with the Engineering team when additional information is needed to perform root cause analysis
- Analyze issues and spot recurring trends utilizing Splunk and other analytic tools.
- Operate, maintain, and provide engineering support and administrator functions, including active directory services
- Create, improve, and implement documentation of new and existing policies, procedures, and processes
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience5+ years direct service desk experience
- Certifications (CompTIA +, CompTIA Network +) or equivalent experience in hardware and software troubleshooting
- Proficient troubleshooting and knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS 10, Apple MacOS Catalina & Mojave, Apple iOS 13.x, Microsoft Office Suite (2016) on Windows & Apple
- Experience in systems administration within Active Directory, Exchange, JAMF, SCCM, & VMWare
- Experience with Linux (CentOS), AirWatch MDM, Oracle, Service Now, and JIRA ticketing systems
- Certifications in Cisco CCENT and Cisco CCNA
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.