Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
Verisign is seeking an Engineer III - Information Security Analyst for its Incident Response Team. Verisign’s Incident Response team monitors and investigates suspicious activity directed at the company’s information technology and engineering assets. This team is primarily focused on the monitoring of advanced cyber threats, discovering exploitation attempts, and the investigation of global security incidents. The team also supports insider threat investigations and participates in industry information sharing initiatives.
- Search through network, system, and log data to identify undetected threats
- Evaluate threat intelligence (e.g., actors, hack tools, exploits, malware, etc.) and determine Threat Actor TTPs (techniques, tactics, and procedures)
- Analyze events/data feeds for event detection, correlation from monitoring solutions, triage and classify the output using automated systems for further investigation
- Translate analytical findings into security use cases that can be communicated to the security engineering team for purposes of improving detection capability
- Identify training opportunities for the larger Information Security team in advanced analysis, IR techniques, and threat intelligence
- Execute processes within all phases of the Incident Response lifecycle
- Coordinate response, triage and recovery activities for security events affecting the Verisign’s information assets
- Support documentation improvement/development activities for process/procedure manuals related to incident response, threat intelligence, advanced persistent threat detection, and vulnerability analysis
- Utilize and Expand communication channels with technology owners and the business to evangelize the evolving threat landscape
- Act as a mentor to junior team members and Security Operations Center analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computers Science, OR related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years overall industry experience with minimum 2 years served in a security function
- Some experience in the following areas – EDR, IDS/IPS, Firewall, SIEM,
- Understand event correlation techniques, especially as it relates to operating within a SIEM
- Experience with common operating systems, such as Linux/Windows/Mac/IOS, both from a forensic and threat hunting point of view
- Use correlation and log aggregation tools such as Splunk
- Recognize common attack vectors such as recon scans, botnet, malware, command and control activity (C2), worms, trojans, lateral movement, and viruses
- Communicate effectively with peers and other technologists in the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivate, effectively prioritize tasks, and solve complex problems
- Certifications: GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), CISSP
- Experience with the writing use cases to identify insider threat activity
- Ability to write and or update scripts to help automate routine issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership of the organization
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.