Wealthsimple is democratizing financial investing to make smart investing easy, accessible, and transparent for everyone. With $2 Billion in assets under management and over 50,000 clients, we're the market leader in Canada and are fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the largest and most innovative fintech companies in the world. Come join us and change the future of fintech. You can read about our mission
and our team
to learn more.
How our teams work:
Wealthsimple has several engineering teams. We subscribe to agile and XP methodologies with short sprints. We have a microservice architecture and for the most part, we're a ruby shop, but we also use Java in some microservices.
We're looking for people who:
- Are comfortable with agile development and driven to ship frequently.
- Understand scale, but are pragmatic.
- Believe that simple is better.
- Work well in a pairing culture.
- Take ownership and see initiatives through.
- Value open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team.
- Teach and learn from their teammates. We value making others successful.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- A strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Sharing our passion for making investing accessible for everyone.
Nice-to-haves (but not necessary):
- Experience leading or mentoring a team of engineers.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Being a swiss army knife. We're a small team and if you can do more (say, you're a back end services developer that can also code up a great iOS app), all the better.
What we offer:
- The challenge and opportunity of joining a small but quickly growing team, and to work on a product people love to use.
- We live our values and want to set our team up for long term financial success. We offer an RRSP matching program, competitive salaries, stock options and incentives for the success of both yourself and the company.
- Your full choice of hardware setup.
- We provide daily catered lunches, cold brew, snacks, and fun company offsites, but most importantly, great coworkers to enjoy them with.
Please include your CV and your answers to the following questions:
1. Why do you want to join the team at Wealthsimple?
2. What’s a product or app you love, and why?
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.