Eyefluence is a high tech startup company developing state-of-the-art wearable eye tracking technology that transforms intent into action through your eyes.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Director to join our software engineering team at Eyefluence. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team you will be responsible for improving software and engineering practices while managing numerous projects across multiple customers/partners and technologies.
The right person thrives on the challenge of managing multiple projects and teams with a broad range of disciplines from embedded software & UI/Ux to optics to mechanical prototyping to rapid R & D mockups and changing priorities.
Key attributes of the ideal candidate include flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while managing delivery of quality work by tight deadlines on multiple interdisciplinary projects with small teams.
● Manage multiple, concurrent software projects in a fast-paced development environment
● Drive good design principles, program management, software development methodologies and best practices throughout the organization
● Work closely with teams and customers to understand complex functional requirements and transform them into design recommendations
● Manage creation of rapid and functional prototypes and mockups based on customer needs and concepts.
● Responsible for quotes, schedules, budgets, manning levels and reports to customers.
● Demonstrated success developing and implementing embedded SW projects.
● Masters or higher degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
● Minimum 3 years of experience managing complex mixed software, hardware, sensors, development team(s) in a commercial development environment.
● Hands on prototyping experience preferred
● Proven ability to manage projects with multiple competing requirements and multiple customers
Additional skills preferred, but not required
● Embedded c programming
● Wearable computing experience
● Low power/battery powered devices
● Image/signal processing
● Passion for Augmented reality/virtual reality
● Eye tracking, Iris recognition
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced startup environment with a fun team of brilliant, creative individuals, please submit a resumé and cover letter.