At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We’re looking for a senior leader who can help to drive the vision, technical architecture, and roadmap for the Cloud Foundations charter at Confluent. This is a net-new area for the company and an amazing ground floor opportunity for someone who gravitates towards building the core foundation, frameworks, and components of our next-generation products. The ideal leader possesses demonstrated experience in building engineering platforms at scale and establishing business-impacting KPIs for large, technical initiatives.
- Provide technical direction and roadmap for building an engineering platform that spans across multiple domains such as event streaming, security, observability and data-intensive applications.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to establish business-impacting goals for Confluent and translate them into quarterly deliverables for your teams.
- Provide timely and productive feedback, encourage a growth mindset, and advise team members in setting and working toward personal development goals.
- Nurture a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on hiring, communication, execution, and work quality.
- Create and manage processes that enable team members to do their best work.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams
- Ability to ensure a high hiring bar, keep engineers and managers motivated, coach/mentor and handle performance management issues
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently in a fast-paced, incremental environment; a sense of urgency and ability to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and experience delivering SaaS products
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and senior leadership using effective communication and collaborative techniques
- Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
Additional Highly Desirable Experience
- Experience building software platforms and foundations for cloud-based SaaS products
- Understanding of API platforms, microservices foundations, and developer ecosystems
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.