The most exciting parts.
- Change the way teams work with and visualise data. What makes this such a complex and exciting challenge is striking the balance between building something powerful, flexible, and robust enough, yet intuitive enough for any user regardless of their technical ability or background.
- Zero to one. As one of the founding members of the team, you'll have strong influence and ownership over large parts of the product and the company. You'll be working directly with the CTO, engineering and product team to build the team responsible for the technology that powers Graphy for years to come.
- Constant stream of new challenges. The pace at which Graphy is growing brings new technical and business challenges each day. There's a very large and exciting opportunity ahead for us which requires us all to wear multiple hats, and keeps every day exciting.
About this role 😎
London / Remote (UTC+1 / London to UTC+3)
Right now, more than half of Graphy are engineers and we're looking to double our engineering team this quarter. We're looking for a capable and committed engineering manager to help lead our engineering team through this rapid growth while continuing to deliver world class product on a weekly basis.
As the first engineering manager at Graphy you'll be responsible for helping to build the team that builds Graphy. Among other things, you'll be interviewing, hiring, coaching, mentoring, having hard conversations, and implementing and improving lightweight processes that help the team scale. This is a people management role, first and foremost.
What you'll do 👩🏫
- Partner with product, design, and go-to-market to define and shape Graphy's product roadmap.
- Work with your team to translate roadmaps to sprint plans and ensure we're able to deliver product in a timely manner.
- Create and nurture a healthy and aligned team culture.
- Coach, mentor, and develop high performing engineers.
- Manage performance and provide useful, timely feedback.
- Support engineers in their personal growth and progression.
- Interview and hire other world-class engineering talent.
- Build and iterate processes and rituals as we rapidly grow the engineering team and Graphy overall.
- As the first engineering manager at Graphy, you'll be instrumental in shaping and evolving our engineering culture as we grow.
What we look for 👀
- Top-notch people management skills. You love solving people challenges as much as you do technical challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Graphy is a remote-first company and we strive to work in an asynchronous manner as often as possible. The ability to write and speak clearly and concisely is critical.
- A track record of strong collaboration with PMs, designers, and other engineers to create and drive strategy, roadmaps, and individual projects to great outcomes.
- Demonstrated impact in a similar technical leadership role (ideally in a high-growth environment).
- Ability to communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- To be in a timezone between BST (London) and BST+2.
Our tech stack 🕹
We don't expect you to be experienced with any of these, but in case you're interested, here is our tech stack: https://stackshare.io/graphy/graphy
💸 Competitive salary & options package
👩💻 Remote-first processes (or an office if you're in London)
🔋 Personal growth fund and a bi-weekly afternoon dedicated to learning
🏖️ Retreats every 6 months in some cool place in Europe
💻 New equipment to build your own workspace (fully specced MacBook Pro or equivalent, monitors, software etc.)
🍿 Team activities (virtual lunches, livestream yoga, etc)
📚 Kindle + ebooks
📅 Flexible working