Infogrid is making the unfulfilled promise of scalable smart buildings via IoT (Internet of Things) a reality. Our goal is to be the global go-to provider for connected devices in smart buildings, creating dynamic solutions for everyday challenges. Our mantra is "keep it simple, keep it scalable" and this ethos drives our product development.
We are a rapidly expanding team, who are working from geographically dispersed locations (across the UK and Europe). Although our headquarters are in London, we look for the best talent wherever they may be and let work from there!
We already have a broad portfolio of blue-chip clients and products across the globe – a testament to the strength of our product-market-fit. We recently raised $15.5m Series A
funding led by Northzone. This funding will help accelerate our expansion, finding great talent and growing our presence in the US to meet commercial demand.
Why we think you’ll love it here
- Huge responsibility and fascinating challenges – you’ll be joining us early on in our journey, with plenty of autonomy and room to develop your role
- Building a solution at the forefront of smart building technology!
- Joining a fast-growing team of brilliant people
- We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
- Monthly no-work work days for personal development
- Remote and highly flexible working
- Carbon footprint off-setting (~12 tonnes per employee per year)
In part because of a very successful 2020, and because we are moving from a monolith application to scalable microservices, we've outgrown the current set up for our Engineering team so are looking to bring in some new faces! One of the critical responsibilities of this role is to oversee our new 5 squad structure, and manage the Tech Lead at the helm of each one. It's a big change for us but we're very excited by it!
We believe in passion and personality. As such, we need someone who can lead diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements.
What you'll be doing
- Acting as servant leader and career coach for a distributed team
- Leading cross functionally to plan and deliver the roadmap on time
- Managing incidents related to your team and act as liaison to other teams
- Writing code at the cutting edge of IoT / smart buildings
- Working in Python, React to build AWS hosted microservices
- Identifying and recruiting new members to the team
- Collaborating with our other software engineers, DevOps, product managers, and the wider business
What you'll need
- People management experience (1:1s, career development, etc.)
- Strong Python coding skills (utilizing Django or similar framework)
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience taking ownership within a company that grew 10x
- Expertise in taking a core role in evangelising and using Scrum at scale
- Passion in delivering work, fostering leadership principles with operational excellence
About our team
Our team is made up of software engineers (generally full stack), DevOps engineers, product managers, QA engineers, and data scientists. We are geographically dispersed across the UK (from London to Bristol and all the way up to Scotland) and in Estonia (Tallinn).
We operate on grown-ups rules, so you only need to be in the office when you need to be in the office (e.g. our monthly strategy days, etc.) otherwise you are welcome to work remotely. There’s always a place for you in the office if you want it though.