Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. We’re reimagining the health benefits experience to give people a more consumer-centric way to manage their health: immediate, seamless, and tailored to their unique needs. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
League is on a mission to revolutionize healthcare. Now more than ever, it's evident that our healthcare system is fragmented, broken, and inequitable. To help shape and support the rapid growth of our platform and people, we are looking for experienced engineering managers to join our team. We build teams with high ownership over their roadmap while fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment. We value people from all walks of life, and appreciate how our differences help us build a better product. You’ll have the opportunity to advance our mission of empowering people to live healthier and happier lives every day.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be accountable for your team’s success; whether it is coaching team members on a one-on-one basis or driving the team to meet product delivery goals. Our mobile, web, and backend engineers work together in small cross-functional teams, engaging closely with product managers and designers to rapidly deliver high-quality features to our members. To thrive in this role, you are someone who communicates proactively, enjoys collaboration, and are able to balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
We've got all the benefits of a startup - we are quick to validate new ideas, you'll get to work closely with our senior leadership on the regular, and there are endless opportunities for growth. What is different about League, though - is a genuine commitment to all our employees' mental and physical wellbeing. We walk the talk: in addition to unlimited vacation days (that people actually take advantage of!), we encourage everyone to take a quarterly 'wellness day', have daily hours blocked off company-wide for everyone to enjoy uninterrupted ‘flow time’, and our health benefit packages are something to brag about!
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with product management and design counterparts to set team deliverables and plan the product roadmap
- Prioritize and balance between new features and bugs in sprint planning cadences
- Drive team towards good architecture and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices
- Advocate for and manage the growth and development of your team, e.g. regular 1:1s with team members, providing feedback and coaching, setting deliverables, tracking career growth
- Identify headcount needs for the team, and help drive planning and recruiting to fill these needs
- Support and build an inclusive culture of quality, feedback, and iteration within your team
- You have experience leading software engineering teams or 6+ years experience building scalable SaaS solutions with a displayed passion for mentorship, project management, and process improvement
- You are comfortable planning and executing projects from idea to completion
- You understand how to plan, build, test, and maintain complex software applications
- You are a proactive communicator flagging risks and solving problems as they arrive
- You are organized and constantly seeking ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how you work
- You are open and receptive to receiving and delivering feedback
At League, everyone is welcome. We believe individuals should not be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you are an individual in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
Here are some additional resources to learn more about League:
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.
Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.