Eventbrite has the world’s largest data repository of live events, powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. Our Data Engineering teams help wrangle data to drive business growth for our event creators, attendees, and the Eventbrite leadership. As we position Eventbrite for success over the next few years, we are building critical partnerships across the business to build high quality data models and infrastructure to drive actionable insights into our product features and services.
Our Data Platform EngineeringFoundry team builds and operates a reliable, scalable and secure data platform to meet Eventbrite’s needs. They partner with product-engineering teams to deliver data-powered functionality for customers, they work with cross functional stakeholders to enable visibility into business critical metrics, and they collaborate with analysts and data scientists to enhance modeling and analytics capabilities.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with experience in data engineering to facilitate learning, excellence and delivery within the Eventbrite Data Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding software development to successfully scale and build data platform infrastructure. You will help us define and materialize our data vision in partnership with analytics engineering, data science and product analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences live events.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Drive and be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers and product managers in solving exciting and challenging problems across the platform.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the things we value.
- Be an active member of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization.
- Grow the technical expertise of the team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it!
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them.
- You have experience in encouraging a strong culture in an agile environment.
- Have a validated engineering background with previous experience developing large scale systems for data engineering, including processing, storage, quality and management.
- You are experienced in working with a diverse set of partners and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions.
- You have 5+ Years with hands on exposure to data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines at scale
- 7+ years of industry experience in data engineering, in particular with big-data distributed systems (Snowflake, Airflow, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Presto, etc)
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures
- Familiarity with non-relational databases / data stores (object storage, document or key-value stores, graph databases, column-family databases)
- You care about agile software processes, development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.