What does the team look like:
Airbnb Experiences is a fast-paced and dynamic business unit focused on providing quality experiences for travelers worldwide. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to join the Host Acquisition and Quality team. As Engineering Manager on this team, you will be responsible for the growth of Experiences supply and maintaining the supply's quality. You will work to ensure host onboarding systems on Experiences are built for the long term to ensure efficient supply onboarding. Host Acquisition work requires optimizing the funnel and building new sources of supply acquisition. Quality work includes building systems for continuous Quality control. You will need to partner with operations, product, design, engineering, and peer teams to drive execution around acquisition and quality of Experiences supply.
What does being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb look like:
Being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb allows you to bring a diverse set of skills all into focus to help us drive growth and impact across the world. You will necessarily have a technical background but are now responsible for important product and infrastructure surface areas to move forward. At a high level, that means a high interaction rate with your cross-functional peers (product, design, data science, research, and more) to develop strategy, long-term goals, and execution plans to get there. Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for making sure the engineering team is delivering while adapting to all the changes that come along as projects go forward. In addition, you’ll be responsible for the career growth of your overall team internally at Airbnb - everything from 1:1’s to career progression plans and whole team career forecasts. You’ll be intimately involved in recruiting and working both with our internal recruiting team, our M&A team, as well as investing in growing your team directly. You’ll make sure the quality of the engineering efforts are always exceptional by setting up the correct processes and quality control checks for the team to execute within and you’ll identify new technologies and skill sets to bring into the team to keep the team moving forward on new challenges.
We are looking for Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. Experience building and leading platforms is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.