Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineering Manager interested in building engaging and insightful products for managing and visualizing large scale distributed real-time data streams. Data flow is central to how companies operate and we aim to make that experience intuitive and attractive. As a Manager of the Frontend Software Engineering team, you will be responsible for helping build the products that enhance the end to end user experience of using Apache Kafka. Some examples of this are involving our newest product and sort after IP (KSQL, Streams, Connect, etc.)
Check us out here:
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams.
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
- Strong fundamentals in User Interface Engineering and full stack development
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Should be able to move fast, build in increments, and iterate. Have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills. Able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- Ability to influence the team, peers and, upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques. Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- React/redux experience a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.