Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an Engineering Manager at Bitpanda, you will primarily be responsible for leading your team and successfully contributing to the development of our products and services. You will play a key role in the growth and development of your colleagues by acting as both a mentor and coach.
About the team
At Bitpanda, we develop our products and services in smaller teams which specialise in specific parts of the business. You will lead a cross-functional team of 5-8 engineers with complementary skill sets who will be part of a product slice and contribute to the slice’s mission and product roadmap.
What you’ll do
- Lead, grow, and inspire your team to perform at the highest level and successfully deliver their best output in a fast-paced environment
- Plan and execute strategically- important projects with a variety of stakeholders across different business units
- Identify potential roadblocks and dependencies ahead of time and develop long- term and sustainable solutions
- Closely work together with our Heads of Engineering to build and further develop your team and the overall Engineering area together
- Ensure the collaboration of managed teams across different engineering teams/offices and adheres to the defined global engineering best practices
- Regularly report to key stakeholders on your progress and current status
- Evaluate business opportunities and build consensus for decisions
- Provide clear, actionable feedback and support team member’s growth and development
- Perform regular 1:1 with your team members to develop career plans and goals Help your team to maintain resilience in periods of change and ambiguity
What we’re looking for
- You have a BSc in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or aa similar relevant field
- Ability to lead teams effectively and provide guidance in ambiguous situationsYou have the ability to influence technical discussions and are able to contribute to the development and future growth of software engineers
- Experience in a leadership role with demonstrated deep knowledge of the development of digital products, all the way from experimentation to continuous improvement in an agile environment
- Experience in communicating business requirements to different stakeholders outside the Engineering area
- Capability to perform regular performance reviews and derive new development goals or improvement strategies
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be involved rather sitting on the sidelines
- You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Proficiency with Confluence and JIRA tools
- Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies (Kanban or Scrum)
- Advanced knowledge of English
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: Java 11+ , Golang, Python, PHP
- Frontend: VueJS, Angular, Typescript
- Mobile: Swift (iOS) and Kotlin (Android)
- Others: Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes, MySQL, Groovy, Django, NGINX
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.