Aptiv focuses on addressing the future needs of the auto industry through improved safety, electrification, and new mobility solutions. We are now uniquely positioned as the leading global technology company serving both the traditional automotive and new mobility markets.
We are excited to announce that Aptiv is expanding its footprint in Monterrey within Advanced Safety and User Experience Engineering. As part of this expansion, we will be establishing a new facility in Mexico equipped with state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure. This expansion is part of our ongoing commitment to providing world-class products and services to our customers, and we are excited about the opportunities it presents. With our strong presence in the region and our talented team, we are well-positioned to deliver innovative solutions that improve the safety and reliability of vehicles.
- In this role, you will lead a team of Feature Function Owners responsible for overseeing the development and integration of advanced features and functions into our cutting-edge automotive systems. You will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our products by establishing skills for core Scrum roles and identifying the key skills required for each of the roles needed within the team, together with their level. Make sure that the skills gaps are immediately addressed through appropriate formal and on-the-job training, internal transfers, or external hiring activities.
- Develop Feature Owner Teams by:
- Hiring best-in-class, motivated, engaged employees that display behavioral traits aligned with Aptiv values and leadership competencies.
- Taking care of planning a proper introduction to the team, will ensure that the onboarding process is structured, consistent, and at the same time tailored to the skillset and experience of individual new joiners.
- Ensuring appropriate development opportunities for all members of the team by tailoring an appropriate mix of timely stretch assignments, arranging mentorship within & outside the immediate organization, as well as encouraging and sponsoring individually matched training & education opportunities.
- Evaluate & manage people's performance.
- Reward & promote team members according to their contributions.
- Preparing and participating in periodic Talent Review Sessions which are aimed at aligning the development opportunities on a broader departmental level, and through that securing succession to key roles within Engineering. The above should lead to fulfilling the ultimate goal of making available Stable Agile Teams to the organization.
- Provide input to staffing planning, which would be based on the knowledge of business requirements, newly won contracts, and product roadmap, as well as a deep understanding of current staffing levels, skillsets, and existing retention risks.
- Have a deep understanding of the team’s work by staying close to the people and their activities, as well as through the development of visual performance & quality metrics.
- Continuously remove impediments that are blocking team performance.
- Drive Competency Excellence by fostering the culture of pursuing perfection.
- Build Quality Into Practices – support the quality through appropriate infrastructure & resources.
- Ensure the team’s compliance with company processes and standards.
- Monitor consistency in executing Scrum Agile / Lean and use of supporting tools.
- May serve as Technical Advisor for Scrum Teams.
- Manage Budget & Capital Planning.
Why join us?
You can grow at Aptiv. Aptiv provides an inclusive work environment where all individuals can grow and develop, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or beliefs.
You can have an impact. Safety is a core Aptiv value; we want a safer world for us and our children, one with Zero fatalities, Zero injuries, and Zero accidents.
You have support. We ensure you have the resources and support you need to take care of your family and your physical and mental health with a competitive health insurance package.
Your Benefits at Aptiv
- Savings Fund.
- Pension Plan.
- Christmas Bonus.
- Attendance Bonus.
- Vacation Premium.
- Medical Expenses.
- Life Insurance.
- Cafeteria Allowance.
- Social security (IMSS, INFONAVIT, Retirement).
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
Apply today, and together let’s change tomorrow!
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.