Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineering leaders to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. Our current leadership openings are on the product and infrastructure teams.
What you’ll do
- Lead the team that builds and scales our supporting infrastructure
- Scale your team by partnering closely with our fantastic recruiters
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers
- Handle incident response and communication; jump in to write code and extinguish fires if needed
- Act as an architect and work across teams to evolve the overall architecture in order to sustain the challenges presented by hyper-growth of our products
- You have an affinity for reliable and scalable infrastructure
- You believe in DoorDash. You understand that on-demand logistics is the differentiator for a local commerce marketplace
- You’re passionate about both product development and people development
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skillset and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - be ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing software as an engineer
- 2+ years of experience managing an engineering team of at least 10 people
- Significant experience building insanely scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms
- Prior hiring and management experience
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.