The Insurance Solutions team serves as a platform and center of excellence addressing the protection needs of our Airbnb community. We help our host and guest communities manage risk with one-of-a-kind protection programs that are unmatched in the travel industry. Our vision is to create a safe and protected community through protection products and solutions. To realize this vision, we are looking for leaders who can help us strengthen our current offerings and enable technology capability to deliver additional products.
- Strategically make choices that foster safety, trust, and innovation as you grow a high performing team
- Create a collaborative culture to shape the team vision, roadmap and deliverables
- Drive multi-functional consensus across business and engineering stakeholders
- Manage OKRs, roadmaps, career conversations, performance, accountability
- Be a player/coach of our high-performance team to ensure code quality, commitment to craft and operational excellence
- Embody and represent our organizational values as we chart rapid growth for this team
- Prior experience leading engineering teams designing, implementing and operating a highly scalable and reliable platform
- Prior experience leading teams using agile methodologies eg. concept validation, iterative development, etc.
- 10+ years of software development experience, or 7+ years with an advanced degree
- Prior real-word experience and demonstrable knowledge in any of Java, Python, Go, Rust, C/C++/C#
- Experience architecting and/or developing concurrency, multithreading and synchronization in large-scale distributed systems
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and compassionate leadership
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field and demonstrable real-world experience
- Hands-on technical leadership leading multiple teams and setting technical direction
- Expertise with database design and internals, database language theories and implementation
- Expertise architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems, and integrations across multiple teams with significant impact
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.