Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our creator base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over a billion dollars directly to creators on our platform. To support this growth, Patreon is looking for a Manager of Mobile Engineering.
What you will do:
- Build a world-class team of mobile engineers that builds world-class native mobile applications..
- Lead mobile vision, planning and execution for the company.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to ensure Patreon’s mobile product, infrastructure, and practices are best in class.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and communicate mobile-first opportunities across the company.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
- Help engineers advance their skills and careers.
- Constantly improve our team culture, practices, and effectiveness.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Focus on problems that will foster your career growth, and get feedback and support from the rest of the company.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have significant experience across multiple mobile domains, with special attention to at least iOS and Android native development
- You have experience managing technical people and know how to build strong teams.
- You know industry best practices for mobile development.
- You are a great communicator who can explain detailed mobile issues and concepts to a broad, non-technical audience.
- You are an excellent prioritizer who can contextualize mobile growth alongside other business risks and opportunities
- You work well with engineering, legal, product, executives, and others. You tailor your communication style, level of detail, and approach based on the audience.
- You operate effectively across teams and disciplines even in highly ambiguous situations, with minimal direction needed.
- You know how to recruit from all backgrounds and interview consistently and without bias.
- You've helped your reports learn new skills, either directly or by getting them mentors.
- You have experience building inclusive team cultures.
- You are thoughtful about scheduling and planning for projects in a startup environment.
- You care about building great products and a great company that matters.
Projects you may work on:
- You will help define and build the core mobile application for Patreon’s creators and patrons.
- You will build a team of mobile experts that help the entire company operate quickly, confidently, and towards a mobile first vision.
- You will help us build a great culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong mobile brand.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Run the mobile function at a high-growth startup tracking towards IPO.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn