Stripe builds the economic infrastructure for the internet. Guided by our ‘Users First’ principle, we have a weighty obligation to the businesses built on Stripe and their end customers to manage our users’ data with integrity, trust, and transparency. It is the Security organization’s mission to safeguard our users’ data and maintain their trust.
We're looking for an experienced leader who is excited to lead, mentor and grow both managers and engineers on teams spanning the privacy domain. This leader will be chartered with developing the strategic roadmap and long term vision for Privacy Products at Stripe, with a focus on building differentiated privacy products that provide transparency to our users about Stripe’s data practices, give users choices and controls about their data, and meet our users’ expectations for how Stripe handles and safeguards their data.
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team, prioritize accordingly, and create execution roadmap
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You have low ego and bring a high degree of empathy
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You have a passion for building teams that include identities, backgrounds, and experiences that reflect those of our ideal user base
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams, while attracting great teammates
- You are extremely customer focused and committed to providing a wonderful user experience
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You bring excitement for collaborating cross functionally with engineering and business teams, think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
An ideal candidate has the following experience:
- You have experience growing teams of 25+ engineers
- You have managed managers for 3+ years.
- You have experience building user facing products
- You have worked on security engineering, specifically within the privacy domain, for 4+ years