We are looking for multiple Engineering Managers to lead and recruit a team of highly skilled engineers. You are comfortable working in a rapid environment and thrive when challenged with solving complex problems. In this role, your focus will be creating amazing software solutions for our customers and make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
Veeva is the leader in cloud-based software for the global Life Sciences industry. Our platform and applications allow customers to operate more efficiently and safely in order to bring life-saving diagnostics, treatments, and medicines to market faster than any time in history. This industry along with our vertical-specific software is in a period of unprecedented growth over the next five years, and we’re looking for mission-driven software development problem-solvers, thinkers, and doers to keep up with growth.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere
’ company, so you can connect with teams in our Pleasanton office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
What You'll Do
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- Lead development, delivery, quality, and performance across multiple features
- Willing and capable to be hands-on and contribute directly to coding, technical design, product design, and product support.
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining and refining development processes as the team grows
- Work in a small team environment within a highly successful Cloud company that is growing fast
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, help drive alignment, and implement decisions throughout your team
- Strong technical expertise with the ability to do hands-on technical management and learn new technologies.
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using a development process
- 5+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong understanding of project management with a track record of being flexible and having a 'can do' attitude
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree preferred
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.