Stripe’s mission is to increase the Internet's GDP. We do that by building the economic infrastructure that powers the Internet. Stripe is working on making the global financial system programmable.
Stripe’s Revenue & Reporting group is building new products that expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments into revenue management and analytics. Right now this includes Billing, Invoicing, Revenue Recognition, Sigma, Customer Portal and the underlying platform for reporting and analytics,- and there’s more on the way.
We are building a new team for a new initiative in this product space. The work will involve a mixture of greenfield development and integration with existing products. It will be orientated around service APIs and process automation for financial and reporting workflows.
We already see one of the largest transaction flows seen on any platform. Your work will directly empower millions of businesses to generate, collect, measure, analyze and grow their revenue better.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead and support this new initiative at an early stage, who is motivated to build solutions for our businesses and the Stripe ecosystem.
- Manage a new team within Revenue & Reporting Products group
- Work with the team engineers, product management, and group leadership to define the team’s vision and roadmap
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit a team of great engineers in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Partner with other Revenue & Reporting engineering managers to evolve our software delivery processes
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- Managed teams that ship and operate critical infrastructure and distributed systems, and navigate high-stake situations
- Motivation for working in highly cross-functional organizations and a strong ability to lead and measure product outcomes
- Leveraged your strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult technical problems
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Nurtured a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging, diverse and inclusive
- A track record of hiring and leading productive engineering teams
- Experience building and leading a distributed team