Why We’re Here:
- Industrial facilities around the world are facing unprecedented energy challenges around rising energy costs and carbon reduction goals. We help our customers measure and improve their carbon footprint, energy spend, and profitability in terms of their production. We call this Energy Intensity, and we do it with a “production first” mindset for maximum impact. That’s why at Ndustrial our mission is “to accelerate the optimization of Energy Intensity in industrial facilities.” We live out this mission every day from our software development teams to our go-to-market teams.
- Our Nsight Energy Intensity Platform is a market-leading SaaS platform which integrates IoT devices and control systems in the field with cloud-based systems. Nsight brings together all of this data to accelerate the energy transition for our industrial customers.
More About Us:
- We live our values everyday: Teamwork, Customer First, Quality, and Curiosity
- Our founders merged their experiences across Silicon Valley innovation, industrial engineering, and computer science to build a real-time industrial intelligence platform. We started as a team of three and have grown to more than 40 employees based in Raleigh and around the country.
- Our customers span the globe with hundreds of industrial facilities that are highly energy intensive like cold storage warehouses, recycling facilities, and manufacturing sites.
- Our investors include one of the largest utilities on the planet (ENGIE New Ventures), one of the leading climate tech investors (Clean Energy Ventures), and the largest cold storage logistics companies in the world (Lineage Logistics).
- We exist to make the world a better place. We work every day to root out waste in the industrial sector. We are also dedicated to being a place where people can grow, have fun, feel part of a great community, and give back.
- As a member of the Pledge 1% community, we donate 1% of employee time to charitable causes like building energy-efficient homes together with Habitat for Humanity. As a Green Places partner, we also track and offset our carbon emissions using high-quality, third-party verified offsets. Come grow with us!
We use the latest tech stack to build our platform:
- Cloud Native & Knative
- CI/CD using GitOps
- React & TypeScript
- TimescaleDB (PostgreSQL)
- Stream processing (Pulsar)
- OAuth 2.0
In this role, you will manage a scrum team that is designing and building the backend, frontend, and API for our Nsight Energy Intensity Platform. The team includes a tech lead, developers, UI/UX, and QA. You will ensure that the team is delivering the right outcomes through our patterns of planning, grooming, reviewing code, testing, and continuously deploying. You will make sure each team member has what they need to make progress, develop their skills, and grow professionally. You will also make sure we continually improve our patterns and coordinate with other teams including Product, DevOps, Services, and Support.
Expectations to fulfill our values:
- You plan the key outcomes for your team that align with our goals to better serve our customers.
- Leverage your experience to help guide the team throughout the software development process.
- Own your teamʼs outcomes for designing, building, testing, and deploying valuable features for our customers.
- Ensure a thorough QA strategy is carried out to meet our quality standards.
- Actively participate in scoping, estimating, and code reviews to ensure best practices are being followed for quality and teamwork.
- Communicate your team’s progress across the organization so that we can celebrate our wins and understand our challenges.
- Offer suggestions from your experience to continually improve all aspects of the software lifecycle.
- Have a constructive voice that adds to our collaborative culture.
- Meet regularly with each team member to support, set goals, discuss progress and challenges, give feedback, and coach their professional growth.
- Grow your team by owning the recruitment and guiding the professional development of each new member.
- Technical background that enables you to engage in conversations that help the team plan work, remove blockers, expand careers, and make important decisions.
- Experience with continuous deployment and planning releases for SaaS in a seamless way for customers.
- Experience implementing best practices for software development.
- Experience with developing and using RESTful APIs.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience with pull requests and code reviews.
- Self-motivated individual who likes to get things done both working independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Experience working in an agile team that continuously delivers value for customers and understands the needs that come with that.
- Loves to experiment with new technologies and knows when to use them to accelerate our progress.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Good sense of humor… we enjoy working with each other.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge about energy management, renewable energy, and industrial processes.
- Experience with IoT platforms, control systems, and energy metering.
- Experience implementing machine learning in SaaS products.
- Open PTO Policy
- Outstanding Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D insurance employee premiums fully covered!
- Annual professional Development stipen
- 1% Pledge Program - we donate 1% of employees' time through community outreach and volunteer activities for a total of 21 hours annually
- Commuter benefit
- Team outings, catered weekly lunches, celebrations!
- Flexible work environment with in-office, hybrid, or remote options
- New, modern, gorgeous office conveniently located on Fayetteville St. in downtown Raleigh
- Inclusive, communicative, innovative, and fun environment
- Dog friendly office