Twilio believes in small teams and Service Oriented Architecture. Twilio consists of hundreds of services owned and operated by teams of 5-8 individuals and deployed on a globally distributed system. We are looking for a engineering leader to lead Global Number Portability Engineering team in Tallinn. You will design, build and operate a series of production services that will accelerate Twilio's and its customer’s growth.
About the job:
- As an Engineering Manager of Super Network, you will work on delivering services and tooling from Porting tools to, short codes and other workflow tools.
- You will receive exposure to the unique set of challenges that come from operating a global network that never stops enabling communications any time of the day or night. Twilio infrastructure is the dial-tone that never fails.
- Developing tools and automation is key to everything we do at Twilio. Any task we do more than twice is automated.
- You will lead team through stressful situations and have demonstrated ability to teach sound decision making through the customer lens.
- Twilio is a company built by developers for developers. You must not only have the professional expertise to understand your team’s engineering and business challenges, but also the technical acumen to build great software.
- You and the team will be constantly delivering and shipping new software.
- The Engineering Manager role at Twilio is about shipping high-quality products and providing team leadership.
- Partner with the Product Managers, other Engineering Managers and Technical Leads to make long-term architectural decisions and create specifications for Global Number Portability.
- Create fast prototypes for automation to understand if this is what the customers need. This position includes a significant portion of both research and development.
- Grow and mentor a team of talented Software Engineers with various levels of experience.
- Work with different product teams across the company on their roadmaps to make sure that their APIs allow us to achieve best customer experience. Create fast prototypes for automation to understand if this is what the operations needs. This position includes a significant portion of both research and development.
- You have at least two years experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers and 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have created technical specifications, user stories, database and API designs based on business requirements.
- Stellar communication, organization and management skills with proven track record in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done - you are a DOer.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.