> Support Tools builds the systems and workflows that supercharge Stripe’s user-facing teams.
Businesses that run on Stripe, from fledgling upstarts to household names, place significant trust in Stripe to accelerate their success. This makes our user-facing teams, and the software layer that connects them with users, mission-critical: users need fast, accurate, contextualized answers to their questions, 24/7, over phone, chat, and email.
The Support Tools team builds high-leverage tools and frameworks in service of this mission. Support Tools collaborates closely with Support Products to build and improve Stripe’s support experience, including paid support offerings, from end to end: how we surface personalized in-product help, how we route and solve users’ questions efficiently and securely, and how we surface signals to user-facing teams to enable them to proactively delight our users.
## You will:
- Work with a team of talented engineers to build powerful workflow automation tools for Stripe support teams and frameworks for use by Stripe’s product teams.
- Partner with stakeholders on the Support Products, Operations, Security, and Data Science teams.
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for the team in collaboration with partners across the company.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence in the domains of stability, security, and observability.
- Recruit, coach, and develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and collaborate effectively with the rest of Stripe.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team.
## You may be a good fit if:
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work.
- You enjoy asking engineers good questions about architecture and system decisions.
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You are open to learning, and enjoy working with partners and internal users to understand their needs.
- You’ve worked with geographically distributed teams.
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates from a variety of backgrounds.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You have previous engineering management experience.
## What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start global internet businesses.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We're here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This not only enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work, but also establishes stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and sponsor the people working on them, and we release several tools as open source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and to push them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.