Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
The EPM for Ethernet AEC Products leads cross-functional execution required for development, qualification, NPI, RTM (release to manufacturing) and sustaining phase of Astera Labs’ Ethernet AEC products. This is a high-impact position that is directly responsible for successful execution of critical revenue goals.
- Be the single point of contact within Astera for all matters relating to Ethernet AEC programs including ASIC (Silicon + Firmware), Software, Boards and AEC Cables.
- Own the delivery of Ethernet AEC products from concept through production and lead sustaining phase activities:
- Align activities across various disciplines to ensure customer needs are met
- ASIC pre-silicon: architecture, RTL design, verification, physical design, packaging, tape-out
- ASIC post-silicon: validation, wafer & package-level test, reliability (qual)
- Board: spec, design, build qty. planning, EVT/DVT/PVT
- AEC cable: spec, design, build qty. planning, EVT/DVT/PVT, customer qualification, ramp
- FW release roadmap and delivery to customers, prioritization of feedback/issues
- Maintain adequate technical depth and managerial skill to address program and product issues
- Program planning, schedules, budgeting, risk assessment, resource planning and management, and tracking related program activities
- Manage multiple parallel threads of execution while clearly identifying and tracking dependencies
- Identify risks and bottlenecks and actively work on resolving them
- Review, disposition and communicate changes in scope / schedule / expense
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure cross-functional teams are clear on expectations and problem-solving actions are in place to address issues in a timely manner
- Be the champion of your programs and maintain management and key stakeholder alignment
- Actively contribute to organizational development and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 15 or more years of relevant ASIC, Firmware or Hardware product experience at an electronics product / semiconductor company
- Hands-on experience in development of ASICs, hardware and/or firmware for Ethernet products
- Knowledge of modern datacenter interconnect technologies such as Ethernet, InfiniBand and PCIe is a plus
- Experience in solving technical problems in pre-silicon or post-silicon environment
- 8 or more years of experience as a Technical/Engineering Program Manager, PMP certification is a plus
- Experience building new ASIC and/or Hardware products in advanced technology nodes (< 10 nm)
- Technical appreciation of ASIC and hardware engineering flows (front end and backend development processes, product and test engineering, char and validation, hardware/firmware/software design)
- Program management and analytical skills, ability to organize information for internal and external consumption.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Expert knowledge with Atlassian Tools and JIRA Scrum Methodologies as well as using work breakdown structure to identify objectives and milestones.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and other program management tools
- Able to motivate and energize teams and lead by influence in a matrixed organization
- Able to take timely decisions with limited or incomplete information
- Strong communication skills and the ability to keep calm and make progress in high stress situations
- Ability to travel to Astera Labs’ and manufacturing sites as required
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.