Engineering Services Manager, APAC
Please note - The assignment location for this position is Region III, Philippines
Network Engineers form an elite technical team that works very closely with existing customers to ensure their deployments function at top performance levels. Occasionally, this elite team is called upon to aid Account Executives and Solutions Engineers with the design and implementation of complex deployments and pre-sales conversations. This is a self-driven, fast paced, agile environment and you will work with some of the best minds in the industry. While this is a call center environment, there is no ceiling and there is tremendous opportunity for growth within the company.
- Lead a team of network engineers who are technical subject matter experts on iboss cloud and appliance products and the underlying infrastructure of the ecosystem.
- Team lead will be accountable for the team’s performance metrics, achieved through thoughtful application of training and professional development
- Ensure necessary training is delivered based on team performance and continuous skills gap assessments.
- Develop a culture that enhances both the teams critical and soft skills and develop a measurement cadence where both are constantly being tested and improved.
- Work with customers and sales associates to develop hardware scopes and network topology designs for upgrades to accommodate growth and changes.
- Perform primarily remote (infrequently on-site) product installations, initial configurations, and product training.
- Answer incoming technical support requests from emails, ticketing systems, and phone calls.
- Ensure customer support issues are resolved in accordance with SLAs.
- Create and manage internal and external product and training documentation
- Attend and present at trade shows and on-site training seminars.
- Prior engineering team management experience
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently to customers over the phone is critical.
- 5-7 years of experience designing and supporting multilayer IP networks; routing and switching
- 5-7 years of experience with network security; firewalls, intrusion prevention, risk assessment, pen testing, content filtering, PKI, SSL/TLS
- 5-7 years of experience managing large (>1k seat) Windows and Mac workstation deployments
- 5-7 years of experience managing Windows Server and Red Hat Linux server environments; Expert level with Linux
- 5-7 years of experience managing DNS; Microsoft and Bind
- Experience with Virtualization and specifically VDI implementations
- Experience with acquiring and analyzing packet captures
- Experience/familiarity with managing enterprise deployments of iOS, Android, and Chromebook devices
- Experience/familiarity with writing SQL queries
- A degree in engineering, networking, ideal
- MIS graduates are a plus
- Solid understanding of networking, server, and web technologies
- Experience or familiarity with IT management products and services
- Some database query language (SQL) and report development is desirable
- Domain expertise with IT operations, application management and/or security/compliance is desirable
- Some experience with network directories is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Willing to live/relocate to Region III, Philippines