BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are currently looking for an experienced, results-focused Sourcer to join our Talent Acquisition team. This person will be directly supporting the Tech Recruiting team, and partnering with Engineering leadership to generate, manage and own a talent pipeline for BuzzFeed’s growing engineering team.
The position is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Partner with Tech Recruiting to generate and build a talent pipeline across sales roles.
- Collaborate with Tech Recruiting and hiring managers to understand and identify the target profile.
- Develop and drive sourcing strategies with a focus on long and short term pipeline building.
- Consistently meet sourcing volume and quality targets
- Successfully activate passive candidates who meet our quality requirements.
- Be the expert on market trends and competitive landscape, utilizing market intelligence as a driver of sourcing strategy.
- Immersing in trends in engineering; fluency with all leading-edge front and back-end technologies and platforms in the space, along with the ability to quickly understand BuzzFeed’s engineering needs.
- Arrange and attend a variety of recruitment events in order to build the talent pipeline and evangelize BuzzFeed’s employment brand.
- Managing multiple sourcing streams simultaneously; continually engaging with talent within each pipeline.
- Minimum of 3 years of sourcing or recruitment experience in tech in a related industry
- Expertise in sourcing at all levels
- Expert-level use of LinkedIn Recruiter required; experience with other sourcing tools and methods (Entelo, Connectifier, Boolean searches, etc) strongly preferred.
- Willingness and eagerness to be creative
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages.
- First class interpersonal skills; client service oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Analytical thinker who can conceptualize and analyze both business problems and solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment
- Self-motivated and assertive
- High degree of personal integrity