If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
Market Ops software is the steward of the last mile at Carvana. Our team owns the logistics scheduling platform that organizes deliveries and pickups for over a hundred hubs nationwide. In addition, we own a suite of web and mobile applications to support our managers and advocates in the field. Our Internal Tools iOS application aggregates data from all points of our vast microservice ecosystem to provide a simple, curated customer experience in our Vending Machines and on the customer’s driveway. Meanwhile our emerging Manager Tools system promises to deliver customizable dashboards, task management, real-time notifications, reporting and other awesome operational tools to all of our markets from New York, to San Francisco.
Market Ops is a dynamic group. Our engineers are always involved in pioneering new business initiatives, testing ideas, and moving the needle for stakeholders all across the company. We operate with a strong bias to action, and the belief that iteration is better than deliberation.
We. Move. Fast.
Our culture is built upon 3 simple pillars: passion for your work, freedom with responsibility, and genuine empathy for each other and the customers we serve. Together, we can build anything.
What you’ll be doing
Carvana Engineering Team Leads work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to define the vision, direction, and objectives for all projects in your team. In this role, you can expect to...
- Participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, and implementation.
- Energetically and deftly react to rapidly evolving business needs and requirements.
- Find solutions to unexpected technical challenges and seek out opportunities to contribute to the meteoric growth of our business, enrich our culture, and improve the quality of our tools, code, and processes.
- Be the ultimate “player-coach”. You are very comfortable leading from the front on all matters technical and you boast the scar tissue to prove it from an impressive career of implementation success, personal growth, and skills development.
- Contribute directly to the development of applications that your team is working on.
- Understand that the talent on your team is the most important resource that you control.
- Constantly look for ways to cultivate, direct, guide, and nurture the members of your team to help them attain personal goals while providing sustainable and significant business value.
What you should have
- Good communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with anyone from end users up to the executive company leadership.
- Expertise working with distributed systems.
- Must love Mobile API development and developing elegant APIs for mobile engineers
- Must prefer people over process
- Must be willing to get hands dirty
- Must be a friend and partner with product
- Must be a servant leader
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals - clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection, and application.
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies.
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor (read that last part twice, if necessary).
It would be great if you also had
- Experience working in a cloud-based software development environment, preferably with Azure.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and principles.
- Experience working in a hyper-growth environment.
- Involvement in a fin-tech or e-commerce company.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.