The Enterprise Data Architect is a new position crafted to elevate the maturity of the data discipline including associated processes and technology solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting data warehousing solutions and maintaining the information architecture of global enterprise solutions spanning across multiple business areas.
In this highly visible position, you will report to the VP, Architecture in Business Technology and be front and center as we work to continuously modernize our solutions and embrace a data-driven culture that seeks to leverage data whenever and wherever possible to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness in our operations.
- Define an enterprise data strategy to establish a governed, curated, and agile data ecosystem that enables business to make data-driven decisions
- Translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, and naming taxonomy.
- Develop and maintain architecture artifacts, frameworks and patterns as references for the development teams across Business Technology
- Architect BI/Analytics/data solutions for various Data Warehousing projects in Snowflake, ETL/ELT and data visualization technologies
- Guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- Participate in key transformational project design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure application designs adhere to enterprise information architecture guidelines.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines to determine impact on the enterprise information architecture.
- Lead analysis of the current application landscape to detect critical deficiencies in the data domain and recommend solutions for improving Business Technology’s value proposition to the business partners
- Establish and facilitate a Data governance committee composed of key business stakeholders to align on data ownership, definitions, usage policies, and priorities
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience architecting, designing and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of big data and relational database platforms.
- Data/information modeling expertise at the enterprise level
- Experience architecting data solutions leveraging cloud data warehousing technologies Azure, Snowflake, or Redshift
- Expertise in deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, big data modeling techniques using Python, Informatica ETL
- Experience creating datasets for data visualization tool Tableau
- Experience with Master Data Management, Metadata Management, and Data Quality tools, methods and frameworks
- Experience facilitating data governance council
- Ability to define, maintain and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts and their building blocks (lower-level component) for the enterprise
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer