CARTO is changing how location data is analyzed and visualized by building the easiest and most powerful engine ever.
The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CARTO to visualize their data and make better decisions. We have more than 200,000 loving users (growing rapidly) and customers around the world, and have received awesome reviews from key tech and startup media like Techcrunch, GigaOM, and TNW.
We’re looking for an experienced individual to identify and immediately follow up with hot leads, monitor lead activity and conversion, and report on progress. You will also manage key F500 accounts to follow a comprehensive land-and-expand strategy, building rapport with business users, understanding their needs and creating matching proposals.
This position is based in our brand new Brooklyn, NY office.
- Increase the sales pipeline, including qualifying existing prospects via online databases and outbound calling.
- Engage and follow-up with established leads, as well as seek out and develop new relationships
- Proactively provide a thorough understanding of the company’s products, plans, and services
- Educate clients about the benefits of our solutions in order to drive new business
- Represent CARTO at live events (digital marketing, tradeshows, etc.)
- Contribute to and help develop plans/campaigns with marketing and sales managers
- Create a superior prospect experience that sets the stage for future sales by navigating to key decision-makers, identify needs, generate interest, qualify, and close
- Collaborate with Solutions Engineers to help with pre- and post-sales technical activities that will help our clients get the most out of the CARTO platform
- 3+ years of experience as part of a high-impact inside sales or lead generation team within the value-based software/SaaS/Cloud arena
- Proven track record as a successful sales executive leading sales teams as a proactive, influential driver of selling activity.
- Ability to influence clients and internal team members to think and act strategically when qualifying opportunities, developing sales positioning messages, key win themes, solution scope and phasing, and what it will take to win deals
- Proven success selling SaaS or analytics solutions which have business ROI focus and drive value for large enterprises
- Must be able to SELL; prospect, qualify, pursue, close, address objections and understand our solutions offerings and value proposition
- Strategic thinker that can lead a disciplined sales process leveraging CRM sales automation
- Collaborative worker who can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and provide detailed solution information to prospects and clients
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- A true self-starter attitude with excellent time-management skills
Most of all, you must be data driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage for U.S. staff
- 22 vacation days, 12 holidays and an honor approach to sick-time
- Employee Stock Options
- 401(k) Plan
- Bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee
- Pre-tax commuter benefit for U.S. staff
- Regular involvement in the mapping and tech communities. We host lots of events and organize code sprints, and last year >80% of our team spoke at conferences.
Most important we offer the chance to help build a wildly successful company that puts the power of mapping in the hands of basically everyone.
Want to know more about us? Find more information at: