At Anser Advisory, an Accenture company, we strive and succeed by creating smart, dynamic and professionally skilled teams to deliver extraordinary projects for our clients. You will work on interesting projects which will expand your expertise and hone your technical skills through the ability to access the most advanced technology on the market. Your successful impact will help us obtain our goal of being the nationwide go-to professional services provider. Anser provides our clients with advisory, compliance, program and project construction management services at the highest level of dedication.
Our relationships are based on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service levels to our clients which has resulted in our rapid growth, nationwide.
Reports directly to the Lead Estimator. The Associate is responsible for developing quantity take-offs to provide detailed measurement of materials and labor needed to complete a construction project. This process includes breaking the project down into smaller and more manageable units that are easier to measure or estimate. This individual should have the ability to provide quantity takeoffs complete from review of design drawings, specifications and models utilizing on-screen take-off or other methods to provide detailed measurements of materials and labor needed to complete a construction project. This individual will input these measurements into a quantity format sheet or an estimating program. This individual will assist in pricing work utilizing R.S. Means, Cost Data Publications and historical data to establish estimate prices, as well as call for pricing on specific materials, equipment and subcontractor quotes required to complete the estimate and confirm market pricing. This individual should also be able to develop takeoffs for estimates at every stage of a project design (program, concept, schematic, design development and construction documents).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate Construction Documents (Drawings and Specifications)
- Perform detailed Quantity Take-Offs (QTO) for construction projects.
- Assist in pricing of construction materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor costs
- Data Analysis
- Proficiency with the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Outlook, On-Screen RS Means Online, and Bluebeam
- Attend pre-bid meetings and/or site visits
- Participate in estimate review and reconciliation meetings
- Be proactive in assisting project team in alerting them to issues on the project
- Be a team player
- Foster company culture and goals
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction, Construction Management, or Architecture Preferred, but not required
- Knowledgeable in principles of architecture, engineering, and construction
- Strong ability to read construction plans, details and specifications
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel including the ability to use Formula Functions, Filters, Sorting, Formatting, Workbooks, and Managing Page Layout
- Ability to learn new software and technology quickly
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Each of us contributes to our inclusive environment in the way we act, our level of commitment, encouragement to others to share their ideas, and our everyday, outstanding teamwork to support our clients.
Simply put, our firm is better...because of the people we work with.