Who Are We?
The Guidewire team, now more than 3,200 strong, is an Internet scale, Cloud native, Realtime data platform built for Property and Casualty insurance industry worldwide.
Guidewire's development team in Toronto is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Engineer in the early stages of their career to design and develop high-quality, modern software solutions. Guidewire Software is the world’s leading provider of Cloud-based software for the Property and Casualty (P/C) industry – we provide the core applications that insurers use to build their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We are also an award-winning place to work, with a generous stock plan so that you are an owner, not an employee. We also have RRSP employer contributions and a great benefits plan.
The team you will be joining focuses on building applications for Commercial insurers, which requires large scale data volumes, heavy server load, and complex business logic. You will work in a highly collaborative environment, in an agile and cross-functional team of 5 developers.
What we're looking for:
- Proficiency in Java or a similar Object-Oriented language
- Strong familiarity with Object-Oriented Design, common data structures and programming best- practices
- Good understanding of common design patterns
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Great understanding of CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency
Nice to Have
Experience in building platform software using Kubernetes, Docker and cloud native technologies
Experience using public cloud providers, preferably AWS (e.g., EKS, DynamoDB, IAM, SQS, S3)
Experience with Infrastructure as Code approach and configuration management, using tools like Terraform
Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g., Go, Kotlin)
Our employee culture
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.