Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. With average build times under a minute, full Kotlin adoption and a state-of-the-art architecture, the Yelp Android team thrives by staying ahead of the curve of the demanding Android world. Be creative, build prototypes, experiment, and ship them to millions of users. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next level.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in Kotlin on top of modern open source foundations (RxJava2, Retrofit, Glide, Koin, etc.)
- Iterate quickly (weekly release cycle, Multi-Module build) on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Some industry experience would be nice to have but not mandatory
- Insistent on a consistent and responsive user experience
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance
- Passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.