About Global Support Services
Pivotal Global Support Services (GSS) is a dynamic and agile organization within Pivotal. We provide commercial support to our Data and PaaS product offerings to IT and developer communities in Fortune 1000 companies.
About the job
This is a senior level position with the Escalation Engineering team within GSS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Global subject matter expert role, driving support readiness for complex issues
- Mentor junior staff to resolve complex issues
- Initiate and drive process improvement as a result of product or customer experience
- Initiate and drive technical initiatives, analyze and fill team skills gaps, and innovate ways to solve business problems
- Develop relationships with external groups (R&D/Field/Product Mgmt)
- Create collateral and training materials to be implemented in internal training
- Start to be known in public community
- Participates in recruiting and generating leads
- May contributes to publications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Strong professional demeanor with customers a must
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize support requests
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, responsible and must be a team player
- In depth working knowledge of Pivotal’s PaaS, PCF, and other cloud related products
- Apply advanced and in-depth knowledge to analyze, diagnose, replicate, troubleshoot and resolve standard to highly complex technical customer reported issues around Pivotal's PaaS, and PCF related products
- 4-7 years of Linux system and network administration
- Understand networking protocols and functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS).
- Experience with one or more of the following Linux operating systems: Ubuntu, Centos, Suse, RHEL, Arch Linux, Windows
- Ability to read, understand and make small changes to moderately complex applications written in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python Rails, GO, NodeJS, .NET and/or Java is preferred
- Familiar with AWS, Azure, OpenStack, vSphere, or other IaaS/Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker or container orchestration tools like CoreOS, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Working with automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, Mesos or similar technologies
- Familiarity with software development practices, git workflows, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Contributions to Open source projects
- Prior experience working in an Enterprise environment
- Prior experience with Zendesk, Jira, Desk.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk or other ticketing systems