Traeger Grills, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has been revolutionizing BBQ grilling and outdoor cooking for 30 years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016 & 2017 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we’re looking for individuals who are committed to winning. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development. We cook together and we win together.
Traeger is a growing company with an increasing need for accessible data to drive business decisions. The ETL Developer role is focused on delivering a secure and reliable set of integrations that can be used by the organization to deliver high quality, complex, and timely data to all business units. This mid-level role will work closely with other members of the IT Data Integration team to help improve our ability to import and process data in a more scalable fashion. The ETL Developer will be a key member of our data delivery team, acting as an implementation specialist for business requirements. They will need a strong knowledge of technologies like relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and data manipulation and movement. Additionally, this individual will have experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
The key to this role is the ability to learn quickly. This includes continually researching emerging technologies and techniques as well as gaining a detailed understanding of the Traeger business processes. It is expected that the ideal candidate also has good communications and writing skills for documenting these processes and presenting improvements to the overall system. Duties will include modernizing data extraction and loading processes, some application support and administration, configuration and support of data platform, and some systems administration. Additionally, the Integration Engineer will be required to write integration points and application programming interfaces (APIs) to create a scalable architecture, largely using C#.
- Data Platform Development and Administration
- Provide architectural input for existing data platform
- Implement infrastructure and integration points
- Coordinate implementation with 3rd party contractors
- Application Support
- Learn and support custom internal applications
- Implement new functionality to existing applications to support business needs
- Work with business analysts to identify business processes and propose new applications
- Integration Development and Maintenance
- Help move key integrations to new cloud-based data platform
- Support existing integration workflows and APIs
- Contribute to the overall integration platform, enhancing processing speed, and error handling
- Additional Detail:
- Effectively work with IT Project Managers, System Analysts, and external consultants in team environment
- Interpret business specifications and perform analysis/design functions
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution
- Prepare system documentation as necessary
- Consult and work with outside partners on complicated problems
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, exception handling, and re-processing as necessary to ensure reliable operations
- Perform various run model activities to support integrations and related batch activities
- Work & collaborate effectively with geographically distributed IT development team while mainlining contact & communicating with onsite business users.
The Integration Engineer needs to be highly analytical and self-motivated. This position needs to understand, build, and maintain a modern data management platform.
- Development Competencies:
- Understanding of common software design and architectural patterns (Object-Oriented Programming, Microservice Architecture, etc.)
- Knowledge of software quality assurance techniques, tools, and methodologies
- Understanding of common data interchange methodologies (external, internal, and 3rd-party platforms)
- Experience with Agile development tools & methodologies (Continuous Integration, Scrum, Jira, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of systems administration tools, methodologies, best practices
- Ability to perform equally in Agile, Waterfall, and a hybrid of the two environments
- Knowledge of API Development and API Integration (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with Data Management and Data Warehousing
- Administration Competencies:
- Experience with Application Support
- Knowledge of Azure or AWS Infrastructure and Platform as a Service
- Experience with Integration Development and Support (ETL)
- Understanding of Configuration Management
- Business Competencies:
- Effective & comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong coordination, oral and written communication skills a must
- Process Development and Automation
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Organization & prioritization
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- 3+ years of experience in software development with an emphasis on business intelligence, ETL development, data warehousing, and advanced data analytics
- Experience with relational database design, development & documentation experience required.
- Working knowledge of PCs, MS Windows application software packages, Microsoft network, and financial institution experience helpful
- Degree in BS or BA in a relevant field
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Employee Discounts on all Traeger Products!
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!