Europe Commercial Manager - DE/FR
Are you ready to change the world of pet food in Europe?
We’re tails.com – passionate about improving the lives of pets and their owners. We believe every pet is different and therefore create a unique recipe for each and every dog, asking owners a few simple questions – and then delivering straight to their door.
Tails.com launched to the UK public in July 2014 in France in February 2019, Germany in February 2020 and 6 more markets in June 2020. We are currently delivering over 8 million meals every month across both markets.
You have a passion for fast growth and want to be part of creating something new across Europe. You have experience of direct to consumer fast growth businesses and are ready to get stuck in. You are highly commercial, results driven and a great communicator.
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A ready knowledge of how to grow a DTC/ecommerce business in Europe - how to acquire customers, iterate to optimum product/market fit and quickly assess performance
- Commercial and results-oriented with experience of understanding weekly, monthly P+L metrics
- Highly analytical and insightful, able to distill data and customer research into prioritised and actionable plans being clear on what does/doesn’t drive value
- Strong communications skills to successfully work with and engage stakeholders across the business
- A great fit with our values: customer led; team spirited; game changing; making each day count
- We have two roles, one requires French language skills and the other German language skills
- Work with European Commercial Director to create and iterate the long term commercial strategy for your market(s)
- Articulate the strategy across teams so everyone is aligned and motivated
- Build business cases for new functionality/areas of growth by understanding the financial/consumer upside vs cost/effort to build and run
- Understand your market(s)’s performance on a week to week basis and report on performance of your market(s) to European Commercial Director
- Keep track of risks and opportunities against targets and recommend actions to be taken
- Work with the commercial finance team to keep the forecast for your market(s) up to date
- Work with European Commercial Director to create monthly/quarterly/annual plans
- Market knowledge
- Be the expert on your market(s) and keep on top of major trends
- Understand competitors in your market(s), determine how we should take them into account in our plans and report back on their activity to the wider team
- Work with the brand team to understand the local market and consumer through market research, feedback, data and external sources
- Help to identify and ensure the delivery of key requirements of local product & proposition across physical (e.g wet food SKUs) and digital product (e.g. payment methods)
- Sales channels
- Explore the opportunity to sell tails.com products through other sales channels (e.g. Amazon) and work with the wider business to deliver against any agreed plans
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits
Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (8 hours in total)
Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year
Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
Discounted products – all of our tails.com products at a discounted rate (for your dog). Or pass a discount on to one family member or friend.
Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell