Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow blockchain is designed for a new generation of consumer apps, games, and the digital assets that power them. Flow helps developers build the kinds of applications people want to use, with a focus on consumer-friendly onboarding and the ability to handle mainstream scale. As the ideal candidate, you are deeply technical and have an understanding of the power of these systems. You're either blockchain savvy already or can quickly get an appreciation for the power of Flow for developers, businesses, and the wide array of newfound possibilities it brings to their users. You have a proven track record of communicating technical concepts, developing and establishing a brand, and crafting prose on various mediums that communicates complex topics simply and effectively. You are a passionate advocate and proponent of open source software and empowered teams and are ready to be an active evangelist and pioneer in open ecosystems, the creative space made possible by Flow.
A little about us:
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What you will accomplish here (short term):
- Help manage our partners and ensure they feel supported in their activitations
- Manage and coordinate panels and fireside sessions, ensure that speakers are sent questions in advanced
- Manage speaker bios and ensure agenda details are uploaded onto the website
- Work with external team to ensure speakers have completed their tech checks
- Help manage registration portal for attendees
- Support events team in ensuring that the event website is set up and up to date with latest information
- Help manage Flow’s buildathon and assist our team in supporting developers in their next project on Flow
What you will accomplish here (slightly longer term):
- Work with events team to help organize team offsite, collect team information and send proposals to management
- Manage swag/merch ordered and support in sourcing new items and designs
- Support with external corporate speaking engagements and sponsorships, this includes tracking events, sending in speaker proposals/materials and ensuring speakers have materials needed to feel prepared
Our ideal candidate:
- Has previous experience in event planning and management, both virtual and in person
- Is a self-starter and has the ability to work independently
- Organized, responsible and flexible in a fast-paced growth environment
- Ability to successfully get multiple overlapping projects passed the finish line
- Cross-functional team player that can get work done quickly and effectively
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.