The Capital Factory Events Team is looking for an Event Coordinator. The primary role of the Event Coordinator is to support and assist the Event Manager on inbound client events, as well as internal, ongoing Capital Factory events as requested. Your job is to ensure that events at Capital Factory are running smoothly, which includes overseeing internal and external client events, supporting events inbound from the Partnerships team, Directors, etc.
Lastly, the Events Coordinator is expected to help out with onsite event management as needed/directed by the Events Manager. If the Evening Front Desk Event Coordinators are unavailable, the Event Coordinator may be asked to support. This includes setup, management and cleanup of group meetings in the evenings/weekends in our event spaces.
About Capital Factory...
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have attended a meetup before (see meetup.com for examples)
- You are comfortable with moderate manual labor (there’s a lot of furniture to be moved around!)
- You are task oriented. You do not let things fall through the cracks, even when there are many thing going on.
- You complete work on time and make your deadlines.
- You are detail oriented.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are a leader and you’re comfortable speaking up and escalating a situation if needed.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- You work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You’re unfazeable. When everyone else is getting stressed or excited, you keep your cool.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and don’t write passwords down on paper.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (first week of October).
- You plan on staying in Austin and being available for this job for at least 1 year.
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Capital Factory events are well run and attended
- Events calendar remains full of incoming events in line with our tech and entrepreneurial focus
- Event organizers and guests have a great experience, post it to social media, and rave about their visit
- Everyone loves interacting with you
You need to be able to work effectively with the Google Apps products including Gmail, Calendar, Drive (Spreadsheets and Documents). Make sure to familiar yourself with Asana, Buffer, Eventbrite, Facebook Events, Mailchimp, and Google Calendar Appointments.
- 15 days PTO (prorated based on start date), plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to the Omni hotel gym and pool